While pottering around my house in Bahrain, I clicked a few pics with the chair as an object of focus. However what started randomly, soon gave rise to a coherent sequence as I wondered what if an inanimate object would think too?
So presenting Kissa Kursi Ka, albeit of a different kind!
- The curtains are drawn, the stage is set. Let the show begin, you will like it I bet!
2. Once in the Kingdom of Dilmunia, a riot of colours emerged from the petunia!
3. The orange marigiolds’ musky fragrant, the white clouds drift like a fluffy vagrant. The green trees blow my loneliness away, these 3 colours rejoice in my nation’s flag too, I say!
4. Finally, I get a table for company.
5. The setting sun slants in, shadows flicker in the breeze. I relax in the drawing room, sitting at ease!
6. The silent rain has soaked the setting day, the colour of love has since long been washed away.
7. Alone I sit and gaze into the night, life is simply neither black nor white.
Note:- a) Dilmunia is inspired by ancient civilization of Dilmun and has links to present day Bahrain b) I was based in this wonderful Gulf country for a few years until 2017.
Copyright © 2020 Wasim Jawaid
This work of fiction written, photographed and created by Wasim Jawaid is the author’s sole intellectual property. All rights are reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including printing, photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author. For permission requests, send an email to the author email@example.com